Friday, March 28, 2008

My Worst Nightmare!

I have actually done that thing that I thought for sure I would never do...what hope is there for everything else?

Since the day Evan began crawling I have had horrible visions of him (and then Caitlin) falling down the basement stairs. Figures that our daredevil wild-child never even came close.

Wait...can you see where this is headed? You might want to start preparing yourself now...

Yesterday afternoon Caitlin woke up from her nap while I was on the phone so I brought her out to play in the living room. Apparently, the basement door wasn't closed (I had been down there earlier) and she crawls at something just below mach 5...so as you might have guessed by now...she fell down the basement stairs.

Just breathe....take a minute for that to sink in!

The rug at the bottom cushioned her head enough to avoid any serious injury. We went to the ER nearby and they checked her out and said she's fine (aside from a terribly distracted and distraught mother and a few bumps and bruises).

You can imagine that has been playing over and over in my head all day!

We'll take some pictures of the evidence and relish in the fact that we can always blame her quirkiness on "that time she fell on her head!"

0 comments: