Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Great Outdoors...of Parks!

Over the last two weeks we have spent a lot of time at the park!

Last week we went to Desert Springs park and spent the morning playing at the spraygrounds! It was an accidental stop but turned out to be a lot of fun, especially since I remembered to pack out box of emergency supplies! Now the kids think I'm cool and spontaneous and really I was just organized for once!
Of course, the spontaneity of it also means that I don't have pictures! It was very nice and Caitie had a ball running around in the water (something she can't do at the pool!).
Sunday afternoon the kids decided to have lunch in the backyard! It was fun and kind of nice to not have to clean the floors afterwards! And yes, that's Caitlin still in her jammies (she was sick all weekend).
Since everyone here (except me, so far) has been sick over the past week I took Evan to the park alone on Sunday night after dinner. He was feeling better and Danny and Caitlin were not so we went to play and get out of the germy house!



Yesterday we went to the Chandler Mall to take advantage of a $10 off $10 coupon I had for the Body Shop (woohoo!!). We were there for about 3 hours. They have a play area for the kids, a Barnes and Noble and lots of places to eat so we just made a day of it!

Today we left early to go to the bank and I decided that the van was just beyond needing cleaned (it hasn't been since we bought it) so we stopped at this SUPER nice car wash up the street. They do full detailing (which I had NO intentions of getting) and the guy gave me a great deal on a full detail for the Honda (carpets and upholstery too!) and two free car washes. They spent about 20 min cleaning the inside and out of the van by hand (all the glass, chrome, vacuuming etc) and you get to choose a scent! That was just a regular car wash! We got that for FREE, another for the Honda and they are going to do a full interior detail all for $89.

We've looked into that before and it's at least $100 not including the super-duper car washes we got.

So, now the van is clean, clean for our little birthday excursion this weekend. Danny has planned a day for us at Mount Lemmon (East of Tucson). The high there is only 74 so it will be perfect for hiking and picnicking and we get to enjoy the beautiful scenery!

Did you see what we got at the thrift stores last weekend?

0 comments: