Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sickness Abides Here!

It seems like all we've done the past month is deal with one illness after another! I won't bore you with the details of the various colds that the two are passing back and forth!

Evan spent several weeks feeling very irritable and saying his stomach hurt so we finally went to the Dr and he suggested Evan may be lactose intolerant. So, we've cut dairy out of his diet and I can't believe the difference in his attitude. He's happier, more cooperative, less likely to fall apart at the drop of a hat.

Bummer though that now his stomach is feeling better he's got a fever and a bad cough which is of course keeping him from sleeping. We're on night 3 and I'm hoping that he's just so exhausted now he'll be in deep sleep most of the night unable to cough!

I was thinking about the whole "Mom" thing where we feel like we'd trade places with them in an instant so they wouldn't have to feel so awful. For me it's partially self-serving...I can medicate myself much better than I can them. Evan doesn't seem to tolerate decongestants and cough medicine well. It makes him very irritable and hyper so, we can't really give him anything. That means we listen to Grandma's advice...saline spray, vicks, humidifier and lots of water!

Now I have to sit back and HOPE (PRAY) that Caitlin doesn't get it...although I'm sure that's a futile act. We share germs like we share air around here and I can only imagine the sleepless nights ahead for a nursing baby who can't sleep/breathe. She's pretty mellow until she gets tired!

0 comments: